v a m p . n e w s
What's happening in
the world of Vamp
Read from the bottom up to chronologically relive Vamp's long journey
through the years...
- 1/2012 - Production in Hungary announced! Opening summer 2012!
- 11/2008 - Mp3 versions of the 2001 NYC cast recording are available on CDBaby.com and this website until the remastered CDs are ready...
- 7/2008 - Remixing and remastering of the 2001 NYC cast recording have begun.
- 4/2008 - The second printing of the 2001 NYC cast recording of Vamp CDs have sold out! Thank you, those fans who bought them!
- 11/2003 - Plans in the works for a Hungarian student production
of Vamp! The libretto will be translated into Hungarian for the
production. No date set as yet.
- 11/2003 - plans in the works for a Seattle CD release party sometime
in early 2004.
- 10/31/2003 - NYC cast recording CD's are back from the duplicators
- 09/2003 - After several long breaks and setbacks, mixing of the
NYC cast recording is fianally complete.
- 05/2001 - Jake moves back to Seattle. Mixing begins.
- 04/2001 - Cast recording is tracked.
- 03/2001 - Lamb's Theatre workshop runs.
- 01/2001 - Rehearsals begin for Lamb's theatre workshop production.
- 10/2000 - Casting complete.
- 07/2000 - Jake moves to NYC from Seattle to be a part of the production
taking shape there.
- 01/2000 - Jake begins six solid months of rewrites and rerecordings
of the libretto and score.
- 09/1999 - First negotiations for a New York City production.
- 04/1998 - This site launched, and tracks submitted to MP3.com.
"Fallen" eventually takes up residence in the top 40 of
the Musicals / Broadway charts for over a year.
- 10/1996 - Jake moves to Seattle
- 10/1995 - Jake Moves to Chicago and helps form Thriteeth Tribe
theatre company (now known as Division
Thirteen Productions and located in NYC).
- 6/1993 - Vamp receives the Threshold Grant of Excellence from
which the first modest cast recording is made.
- 4/1993 - Totally restructured and rewritten, Vamp is produced
for the final time at Hampshire as a full Mainstage production.
Four characters, no chorus.
- 12/1990 - First complete (but still very rough) three act show
of Vamp performed in the Hampshire College Studio Theatre. Two hours
of music, four main characters and a chorus of nine all perform
for the first time.
- 01/1990 - First public performance of the single scene in a workshop
format at Hampshire College.
- 11/1989 - First scene for Vamp written, what was eventually to
become "Unvieled." The scene contained only two characters:
Simon and Alex.
w e l c o m e
e t . v a m p . m u s i c